Purchasing a new home is often the most significant investment you will make. One of the first things you need to do is to make sure that the home is properly insured.
As you get ready to close on your home, make sure that you choose a reputable provider. Choose an insurance company that has been around for a while, has a good reputation, and will stand by you when you need to make a claim.
Protect Your Home and Possessions from Risk:
According to the Illinois Department of insurance, homeowners’ insurance should protect you and your property in case of loss due to fire, weather damage, theft, personal injury, and other types of damage. It also sometimes required by your mortgage lender. As long as you have an outstanding loan, your lender may require you have insurance to protect “your” home and “their” investment.
Most home insurance policies include the following coverages:
- Damage to dwellings: the home and other structures like your garage (attached or free-standing), shed, guest casitas, gates/fences, etc.
- Personal property loss: like electronics, appliances, furniture, and other valuable items contained in the home.
- Loss of use: this will cover expenses incurred if you are unable to live in your home while it is being repaired.
- Personal liability: this protects you if someone else is hurt on your property.
- Medical bills for people injured on your property or by your pet.
We Are Here to Protect You
At Weer Insurance Group, Illinois, we make sure that you, your home, and valuables are protected and meet a high standard for homeowner’s insurance coverage.
You can visit our office at any time to speak to one of our dedicated agents. If you’d prefer to call us, we’re available at 815-675-1007. If you need a quote for home insurance, contact our team at Weer Insurance Group in Illinois. We will make sure that you are protected from peril and look forward to helping you with your insurance needs.